[dune-pdelab] some problems in dune

Rebecca de Cuveland rebecca.cuveland at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Fri Oct 31 14:08:50 CET 2014

Hey,

why did you change the coarsentarget parameter? The default is somewhere
at 1000 nodes, and it seems you have 1? That is certainly not a
reasonable choice. (You have only one unknown on your coarsest level).

I also see in your code that you do not use Superlu as solver on the
coarsest level (usesuperlu = false). As the warning that you explicitly
supress with this flag states: Use superlu, sometimes this has a drastic
impact on the solution.

Does something change, when you use superlu and a coarsentarget of at
least 100 (or even more)?

One last thing, we spoke about AMG in combination with Q2 today in our
group meeting:
Nobody has really used this in pdelab, and we are not sure if the
implementation in istl is also valid for Q2. Perhaps Markus can say
something about that?

Bye,
Rebecca

--