[dune-pdelab] dune-pdelab | feature/clean-up-cde-lop (#30)

Steffen Müthing steffen.muething at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Fri Jul 3 09:14:11 CEST 2015

Hi Christian,

> Am 02.07.2015 um 21:14 schrieb Christian Engwer <christian.engwer at uni-muenster.de>:
>
> Dear all,
>
> even worse.
>
> Adrian & Steffen... the branch wasn't updated accoring to the
> discussion we had before, in particular the new discrete functions are
> add in localoperator, without _any_ namespace. Neither Dune, nor
> Dune::PDELab, nor Dune::PDELab::experimental (as is seemed to be the
> solution with the biggest support).
>
> Honestly I feel a strong to just revert the merge, but I'm holding
> myself back.

sorry, I should have communicated this, but I’m extremely busy with a paper right now. The problem
is that the number of changes that was decided after this branch was started just kept growing (reorganize
include structure, move stuff into namespaces etc.), and splitting everything out would have become very
time-consuming. So I merged the branch and discussed how to proceed with Adrian. He will clean up the
problems with the branch in a number of future branches, which will be smaller and more focused. At the
same time, we now have all of the invasive branches w.r.t. localoperator/ merged, which makes it possible
to start the reorganization of the header files into the new problem/* directories.

Basically, having this monster branch looming around held further development back too much, and we will
clean up after merging it. I know that that’s not how it’s supposed to work, but I consider it part of the learning
curve…

Steffen