[dune-pdelab] map a global dof index from a child

Sebastian Westerheide sebastian.westerheide at uni-muenster.de
Thu Jul 16 21:08:20 CEST 2015

Dear PDELab,

I am currently adapting my user code (based on the old PDELab 1.1) to
the current master. In PDELab 1.1 non-leaf GridFunctionSpaces / their
orderings had a method like

//! map a global dof index from a child
/**
  * Given the index of a dof in the global dof-vector of one of the
  * children, compute the index of the same dof in the global dof-vector
  * of this ordering.
  *
  * \note update() must have been called before this method may be used.
  * \note This is only required on non-leafs.
  */
SizeType subMap(SizeType child, SizeType indexInChild) const

With the introduction of the new ordering mechanism in PDELab 2.0 a
method like this seems to have disappeared. How can I realize the
method's functionality using the current master? Is it feasible in an
efficient way anyway?

Thanks,
Sebastian

P.S.: I found the GridFunctionSpaceOrderingInterface which provides the
subMap method. But the interface isn't implemented anywhere and seems to
be a leftover from the old days (see also issue #53 in GitLab).

--
Dipl.-Math. Dipl.-Inf. Sebastian Westerheide

Institute for Computational und Applied Mathematics
Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet Muenster
Einsteinstrasse 62
D-48149 Muenster

Tel: +49 251 83-35153

e-mail: sebastian.westerheide at uni-muenster.de