[dune-pdelab] Problem with Dune::PDELab::NonOverlappingEntitySet - UGGrid with non overlapping parallel solvers.

Dodwell, Timothy T.Dodwell at exeter.ac.uk
Fri Oct 9 11:28:32 CEST 2015

Hi All,

Background : I am solving the general anisotropic elasticity equations within Dune PDELab. Originally I have been using YaspGrid for simple mesh geometries both for sequential and parallel solvers. Now I need to import more complex meshes from gmsh. I have therefore move to using UGGrid. I have tested the code for sequential solvers, I am now in the position to try some parallel solvers.

Problem : I have been following the 'pdelab - how to' example nonoverlappingsinglephaseflow.cc ; although a scalar equation it uses UGGrid and a non-overlapping solver

So when I construct the UGGrid I have the following bit of code,

// Make grid using UGGrid

typedef Dune::UGGrid<3> UGGRID;

UGGRID uggrid;

Dune::GridFactory<UGGRID> factory(&uggrid);

      Dune::GmshReader<UGGRID>::read(factory,gridName,elemIndx2PG,elemIndx2PG , true , false);

factory.createGrid();

typedef Dune::UGGrid<3>::LeafGridView UGGV;

const UGGV& uggv=uggrid.leafGridView();

using ES = Dune::PDELab::NonOverlappingEntitySet<UGGV>;

ES es(uggv);

Dune::PDELab::NonOverlappingEntitySet is not recognised by the compiler and I can't find it anywhere in the documentation or the included header files. I presume this example is out-of-date. I need this to construct a finite space which is compatible with UG

typedef Dune::PDELab::PkLocalFiniteElementMap<ES,Coord,RF,element_order> FEM;

FEM fem;

since if I use

typedef Dune::PDELab::PkLocalFiniteElementMap<UGGV,Coord,RF,element_order> FEM;

FEM fem;

as I do for the sequential solver I get the following compiler error

/Users/tjd20/git_workspace/dune/dune-elastic/src/ElasticFunctions/Elasticity_driver_cgfs.hh:26:6: error: no matching function for call to 'Dune::PDELab::PkLocalFiniteElementMap<Dune::GridView<Dune::UGGridLeafGridViewTraits<const Dune::UGGrid<3>, (Dune::PartitionIteratorType)4u> >, double, double, 1u>::PkLocalFiniteElementMap()'

  FEM fem;

      ^

Have I missed something? Any recommendations on how to proceed?

Many Thanks

Tim

Dr. Tim Dodwell

Senior Research Fellow

College of Mathematics, Engineering and Physical Sciences

University of Exeter

mail : t.dodwell at exeter.ac.uk