[dune-pdelab] another go at anonymous posting

Jö Fahlke jorrit at jorrit.de
Wed Aug 3 16:23:09 CEST 2016

Am Tue,  2. Aug 2016, 17:46:00 +0200 schrieb Steffen Müthing:
> Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2016 17:46:00 +0200
> From: Steffen Müthing <steffen.muething at posteo.de>
> Subject: [dune-pdelab] another go at anonymous posting
>
> Will this work now?

Hey Steffen,

it does work now, because I whitelisted your @posteo address after your last
attempt to post here.

Generally, we hold mails from non-members to avoid spam.  An administrator has
to look at any held mail and decide upon it.  If it isn't spam, the
administrator will allow it through (unless the sender has resent it from
another address in the meantime, or withdrawn it), and will whitelist the
sender, so mails from the same address are automatically allowed the next
time.

So anonymous postings are *not* supposed to work automatically -- they require
administrator intervention.

Apparently the main dune mailinglist abandoned that policy some time ago,
otherwise we wouldn't have the odd spam-mail there.

Regards,
Jö.

--
Jorrit (Jö) Fahlke, Institute for Computational und Applied Mathematics,
University of Münster, Orleans-Ring 10, D-48149 Münster

Das Erststudium soll bis zum berufsqualifizierenden Abschluss
gebührenfrei bleiben, also bis zur Erlangung der Taxi-Lizenz.
-- Akrützel, Ausgabe vom 16.5.2002 (www.akruetzel.de)