[dune-pdelab] Fwd: Fwd: solver fails to reset correctly after FMatrixError (singular matrix)

Markus Blatt markus at dr-blatt.de
Tue Jul 23 16:12:33 CEST 2019

On Thu, Jul 11, 2019 at 02:56:35PM +0200, Shubhangi Gupta wrote:
> Dear Jö and Nils,
>
> Thanks a lot for your replies.
>
> I actually tried putting the mpiguard within the time loop (at the highest
> level) just to see what happens...

Does at the highest level mean outside the try clause? That might be wrong as
it will throw if something went wrong. It needs to be inside the try clause.

> Indeed, the one step method now proceeds
> as it should, but the BiCGSTab freezes...

freezes means deadlock (stopping at an iteration and never finishing)? That will
happen in your code if the MPIGuard is before the try clause.

Cheers,

Markus
--
Using PT-Scotch with DUNE https://t.co/hZH8lxf5ZF

Pedettistr. 38, 85072 Eichstätt, Germany
Tel.: +49 (0) 160 97590858