[Dune] Changes during constification - problems regarding mark-method

Robert Kloefkorn robertk at mathematik.uni-freiburg.de
Tue Nov 30 17:47:13 CET 2004

Thimo Neubauer wrote:

> For the first goal we pass a single grid implementation instead of a
> list of classes which are connected via a grid implementation
> anyway. The new form reads
>
> template<class GridImp>
> class SIntersectionIterator :
>       public IntersectionIteratorDefault <GridImp,SIntersectionIterator>
>
> instead of
>
> template<int dim, int dimworld>
> class SIntersectionIterator :
>       public IntersectionIteratorDefault <dim,dimworld,sgrid_ctype,
>                SIntersectionIterator,SEntity,SElement,SBoundaryEntity>

I totaly agree with that, because now one can derive classes that have a
different parameter list than dim and dimworld but implement the grid
interface aswell.

> A different fix which would ease the constification a lot would be to
> move the mark-functionality to the grid-interface, e.g.
>
>   Grid::mark(Entity &e)
>
> which we would prefer... :) This should be pretty easy to implement,
> as the grid-implementation which filled the entity-datastructure can
> use it's own information.
>
> Do we have more operations planned which would modify the grid via an
> entity? Any reasons not to move mark to the grid?

Don't know yet. I have to think about thsi aspect.

Bye

   Robert Klöfkorn           <robertk at mathematik.uni-freiburg.de>

   Mathematisches Institut              Tel: +49 (0) 761 203 5642
   Abt. für Angewandte Mathematik       Fax: +49 (0) 761 203 5632
   Universität Freiburg
   Hermann-Herder-Str. 10
   79104 Freiburg

   http://www.mathematik.uni-freiburg.de/IAM/homepages/robertk