[Dune] Testing environment

Thimo Neubauer thimo at debian.org
Wed Oct 27 08:47:00 CEST 2004

Hi!

yesterday I commited a small example of a testing environment in
Dune which just uses the mechanism already included in automake.

Running the tests is simple: just issue a

  make check

which creates all test-binaries and starts them: an exitcode != 0 will
let the test fail which will let the whole check fail. That's it :)

I've adapted a more or less canonical layout for the tests: in the
directory where the tests should take place an directory test/ exists
(right now common/ and lib/). The Makefile.am inside those dirs
defines check_PROGRAMS as list of programs just to build when
checking, TESTS is the list of checks to run, the rest is just as
usual. Now we just have to tell the Makefile.am of the module to test
to first build the content inside it and possibly run tests
later. This is done via a

  SUBDIRS = . test

Checking the grid codes will be a bit more difficult, because the same
tests should be run on every code but only if the underlying code is
available. I'll keep you informed if I've got an idea.

Feel free to ask questions or send flames if I broke something :)

Cheers
   Thimo