[Dune] Re: Reference UG

Oliver Sander sander at mi.fu-berlin.de
Tue Aug 9 09:23:50 CEST 2005

Hi Sreejith!
The Dune numbering is not supposed to match the UG numbering.
Especially the UG numbering of the hexahedra is not easily
generalizable to more space dimensions.  Therefore the UGGrid
implementation does some renumbering when being queried about
edge and vertex numbers.  Only the numbering for
the prism and the pyramid are supposed to be the same, and
even there I am not sure this is a good idea.

If you want to make sure that all grid implementations comply
with the official numberings you should integrate appropriate
test.  IMHO that would be a very good thing.

I hope that helps,

* Oliver Sander                **                                      *
* Freie Universität Berlin     ** email: sander at math.fu-berlin.de      *
* Institut für Mathematik II   ** phone: + 49 (30) 838 75217           *
* Arnimallee 2-6               ** fax  : + 49 (30) 838 54977           *
* 14195 Berlin, Germany        ** URL  : www.math.fu-berlin.de/~sander *