[Dune] Reference tetrahedron, again

Sreejith Pulloor Kuttanikkad sreejith at hal.iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Tue Jul 26 12:53:05 CEST 2005

On Tue, Jul 26, 2005 at 11:22:24AM +0200, Adrian Burri wrote:
> Just wondering: was there any conclusion on that topic? And is the
> adopted solution being implemented?
>
> Adi

since there was no definite conclusion, i havent made any attempt to
implement the suggested solution. but i have no objection to implement
the way you suggested given that everybody agrees upon and the grid
managers(ALU and UG..)does comply with the implementation.

sreejith

> Adrian Burri wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >Well, if nobody else has a preference, I suggest we adopt mine ;-).
> >
> >(Having the same orientation on all faces makes sense if you have a
> >complete set of entities (i.e. you actually store faces, egdes etc.).
> >In this case, you can implement a generic routine to calculate the
> >twist of a face relative to an element's face. This is of course not
> >needed in Dune, but I think it is a nice feature nevertheless.)
> >
> >Adi
> >
> >Peter Bastian wrote:

> >>I do not have any preference for any enumeration. The thing with the
> >>normals is nice but
> >>I dont see where this is needed because you get the normals from the
> >>intersection iterator and don't compute them for yourself. What I would
> >>prefer is a numbering that can be defined for all simplices in n
> >>dimensions (although we do not have a grid manager that can do that).
> >>Might be interesting for the future.
> >>
> >>-- Peter

Sreejith Pulloor Kuttanikkad
Interdisciplinary Centre for Scientific Computing
Ruprecht-Karls-University of Heidelberg
Im Neuenheimer Feld-368
69120,Heidelberg,Germany
Ph:+49-06221-545689/544412(Off)