[Dune] Re: Remark on Alberta.

Thimo Neubauer thimo at macht.org
Tue Jun 14 15:44:08 CEST 2005

[moving reply to list because I guess it might interest the others]

On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 02:18:23PM +0200, Robert Kloefkorn wrote:
> Also the private copy constructor in dune/grid/common/geometry.hh line
> 182 will fail to compile, but I'm not willing to fix this problem since
> I didn't introduce it. So you either make the copy constructor of the
> geometry class public again, or some other solution.

Umh... didn't we decide that users _must not_ copy the "views"
(i.e. entities and geometries) but only references/iterators to them?
This is of course the reason why the interface to the outside
prohibits copies.

If you need to copy geometry-objects inside your grid you can of
course subclass a copyable geometry.

Cheers
   Thimo