[Dune] Feature request.

Oliver Sander sander at mi.fu-berlin.de
Wed Jun 22 11:03:27 CEST 2005

Hi guys!
Here's a comment I have wanted to make for a while:

>> I think the changes to the interface are not that big
>> and we also should
>> set the normal LeafIterator typedef inside the Grid class to
> I'm not sure whether the the changes arre really so small.
> 1) Changing the interface wrapper class is easy.
> 2) We do need a different default implementation because the
>   hierarchiciterator only exists for codim 0 and the essential isLeaf()
>   method exists only for codim 0.

I herewith request new features for the codim>0 entities.  In particular
I'd like (at least)
- HierarchicIterators
- father()
- subIndex()/subEntity()

This stuff is direly needed when doing Mortar methods, but you need
it also to properly implement Dirichlet boundary conditions on
irregular (read non-unitsquare) domains.  I've developed quite a
few hacks to circumvent the problems, but the elegant solution requires
the above features.

That being said, I also strongly support Robert's feature request.

cya,