[Dune] Feature request.

Oliver Sander sander at mi.fu-berlin.de
Wed Jun 22 12:32:30 CEST 2005

> as we have the IdSets (Peter will discribe them on the next meeting) we
> can implement a slow default version of this feature and for example
> this can be overlaoded by a certain implementation. Also the father
> method has to be implemented this way.

I have thought about this problem quite a while, and I have not found
a way to implement a default hierarchic iterator for faces using only
topological information.  You can't use vertex numbers because they
are not the same across different levels.  I ended up using normal
tests for a while, but that only works for boundary faces and only
if that boundary is not parametrized.  Now I start to reuse parametrized
boundaries again, and in my desperation I now built my very
special UGGrid interface extension to solve my problem.  Works-for-me(tm)
but a HierarchicIterator would be much nicer.