[Dune] higher codim entities.

Robert Kloefkorn robertk at mathematik.uni-freiburg.de
Mon Nov 21 11:30:52 CET 2005

Christian Engwer wrote:

> For yaspgrid I can't see any _real_ reason not to implement other
> entities. But for UG it is not possible and it might even be never
> possible.
Exactly the argument applies for Alberta, but this grid has higher codim
entities.

> Therefore it must be possible to have grids without face or
> edge entities.
No, in this case we must have a default implementation, which is not
that difficult.

> Beside this it is possible to use higher lagrange trial functions,

Very good. Then we are not far away from the higher codim entities,
because this is the most difficult part when providing higher codim
entities.

> I think one might file a wishlist bug against yaspgrid to implement
> the other codimensions but we can't depened on this for all grids.
Ok.

Cheers

  Robert Klöfkorn           <robertk at mathematik.uni-freiburg.de>

  Mathematisches Institut              Tel: +49 (0) 761 203 5631
  Abt. für Angewandte Mathematik       Fax: +49 (0) 761 203 5632
  Universität Freiburg
  Hermann-Herder-Str. 10
  79104 Freiburg

  http://www.mathematik.uni-freiburg.de/IAM/homepages/robertk