[Dune] higher codim entities.

Peter Bastian Peter.Bastian at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon Nov 21 13:29:34 CET 2005

Robert Kloefkorn schrieb:
> I want add one thing:
>

>>No, in this case we must have a default implementation, which is not
>>that difficult.
>
> If the index sets are already working then it is no problem to implement
> the entities, because the geometies can be easily implemented with use
> of the geometry of codim 0 and the already existing reference elements.
> All other method of the higher codim entities are trival to implement.
>
> Then, if the entity method works for all codims, the Level and Leaf
> iterators can also be implemented using the entity method of the ocdim 0
> entities.

That is exactly true. Christian and I thought this also during lunch :-)
We think that this should be done. The question is only: What shall we
do first under consideration of limited resources.

-- Peter
Peter Bastian, IWR,Uni Heidelberg, INF 348,R 020, 69120 Heidelberg
email: Peter.Bastian at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de   Tel: +49 6221 54 4984
WWW: http://www.iwr.uni-heidelberg.de/~Peter.Bastian Fax: ... 8860