[Dune] Dunecontrol / Installation problems on MAC OS X

Jö Fahlke jorrit at jorrit.de
Mon Aug 7 23:52:44 CEST 2006

Am Mon,  7. Aug 2006, 23:04:40 +0200 schrieb Markus Blatt:
> > 2. Once I have replaced  --canonicalize by -f this works fine, but I run into another problem:
> >

> > oswalds-powerbook59:~/dune oswald$ ./dune-common/bin/dunecontrol --opts=dune.macosx.opts.txt all
> > ./dune-common/bin/dunecontrol: eval: line 3: syntax error near unexpected token `autogen'
> > .

There is only one multi line eval statment in dunecontrol, at line
290:

# We need to run this via eval in order construct the case for the commands
eval '
case "$command" in
  '$(echo $COMMANDS | sed -e 's/ \+/ | /g')')
    find_modules_in_path

In addition to what Markus said, can you please send the output of the
shell commands

# COMMANDS="update autogen configure make all exec svn"
# echo $COMMANDS | sed -e 's/ \+/ | /g'
# echo $COMMANDS | sed -e 's/ / | /g'
# echo $COMMANDS | sed 's/ \+/ | /g'
# echo $COMMANDS | sed 's/ / | /g'
# echo $COMMANDS | sed 's/ /|/g'

(The "\+" should not really be neccessary since "echo $COMMAND" will
fold every whitespace in $COMMAND into one space character.  For the
"-e", it is also not neccessary, and I remember some autoconf doku on
portable shell stating that it can actually be harmful on some
platforms.)

Thanks,
Jö.

--
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
-- Ozzy Osbourne