[Dune] Dunecontrol / Installation problems on MAC OS X

Markus Blatt mblatt at hal.iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon Aug 7 23:04:40 CEST 2006

Hi Benedikt,

On Mon, Aug 07, 2006 at 10:47:16PM +0200, Oswald Benedikt wrote:
> Hi Dune,
>
> as I am currently trying to install Dune on Mac OS C I have encountered some problems.
>
> 1. the readlink command on MACOSX, used in the dunecontrol script, does not know the option
>     canonicalize but only -f which according to the man page is synonymous, i.e.

I just changed that. Thanks for the hint.

> 2. Once I have replaced  --canonicalize by -f this works fine, but I run into another problem:
>

> oswalds-powerbook59:~/dune oswald$ ./dune-common/bin/dunecontrol --opts=dune.macosx.opts.txt all
> ./dune-common/bin/dunecontrol: eval: line 3: syntax error near unexpected token `autogen'
> .
>
> I think this has to do with sometingh near the following secction in dunecontrol:
> ( I am however not that experienced with shell programming...):

Unfortunately I do not access to any Mac (that I know of). Could you
please run dunecontrol with the --debug option (as the first
argument)?

Say:

./dune-common/bin/dunecontrol --debug --opts=dune.macosx.opts.txt all

Maybe that can give us a closer hint.

Cheers,

Markus
--
DUNE -- The Distributed And Unified Numerics Environment
<http://www.dune-project.org>