[Dune] nonconformity of 2d Alugrid

Andreas Dedner dedner at mathematik.uni-freiburg.de
Tue Dec 12 14:34:43 CET 2006

Carsten Graeser wrote:
> Hi,
> the documentation on ALUSimplexGrid says that it's in general
> non-conforming.
> It does not tell whether it's level/leafwise conforming/nonconforming.
>
> From the capabilities one gets that it is levelwise conforming and leafwise
> non-conforming in 3d.
>
> For 2d it is levelwise non-conforming and leafwise conforming if
> 'IS_NON_CONFORM == 0'.
> This define is set by default in alu2dinclude.hh.

> Does this mean that it is also possible to have a levelwise conforming
> and leafwise
> non-conforming alusimplexgrid in 2d ? This would be very nice to do
> geometric multigrid.

In the alu tar ball on our web only levelwise conforming and leafwise
non-conforming (i.e. conform bisection...) can be used. Propably on
Friday but definitly before Christmas we will release a new - and
hopefully last before 1.0 - version of Alu with a non conform quadtering
refinement. There will then be two ALUGrid versions available in 2d:
AluConformGrid<2,2>: leaf conform but non level conform
AluSimplexGrid<2,2>: leaf non-conform but level conform like in 3d