[Dune] How to obtain assign different material properties to meshes (tetrahedral) in Dune ?

Oswald Benedikt Benedikt.Oswald at psi.ch
Fri Jun 16 16:28:55 CEST 2006

Dear Dune developers, for our applications in the area of computational electrodynamics
we need to assign different material properties to different regions of our (mainly tetrahedral)
mesh. We use the ALUGrid and for example want to assign different dielectric permittivities
to different tetrahedral mesh elements. In UG there was the mechanism that a mesh could
be organized in domains.

Is there a possibility to do a similar thing in Dune, using for example the Dune Grid Format ?

Thanks and regards, Benedikt

PS: Dune is cool!

Benedikt Oswald, Dr. sc. techn., dipl. El. Ing. ETH, www.psi.ch, Computational Accelerator Scientist
Paul Scherrer  Institute (PSI), CH-5232 Villigen, Suisse, benedikt.oswald at psi.ch, +41(0)56 310 32 12