[Dune] How to obtain assign different material properties to meshes (tetrahedral) in Dune ?

Oliver Sander sander at mi.fu-berlin.de
Fri Jun 16 16:34:37 CEST 2006

Hi Benedikt!
No, currently the DUNE grid interface does not contain the concept of
domains the way UG did.  There has been discussion about including
this but so far nothing happened.  Personally, I think it is not
necessary.  An element's domain id is element data just like a
P0 FE function.  Just maintain a vector with the element ids in your
application and feed it to your problem assembler.

Hope this helps,

* Oliver Sander                ** email: sander at mi.fu-berlin.de        *
* Freie Universität Berlin     ** phone: + 49 (30) 838 75217           *
* Institut für Mathematik II   ** URL  : page.mi.fu-berlin.de/~sander  *
* 14195 Berlin, Germany        ** Member of MATHEON (www.matheon.de)   *