[Dune] inconsistency with intersection methods

Sreejith Pulloor Kuttanikkad sreejith at hal.iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon Jun 26 19:51:32 CEST 2006

Duneler,

I am still not very clear on the point that when evaluating the global
coordinate of an intersection point from either side how one can get different global value for same point ( i think the orientation matters here.. that means one should be aware of how the orintation is defined locally.. )
I would assume that when finding a global coordinate of an
intersection point from both sides of the intersection one should get
the same value irrespective of orientation.
However when i use UG and Alberta grid i do not get the same
value whereas with Sgrid and Yaspgrid I get same value. I feel like
there is some inconsistency in the implementation of intersection methods in
different grids. (i dont know if i understood something wrongly)

thanks,
Sreejith

--
Sreejith P. Kuttanikkad