[Dune] Re: Bitte.

Christian Engwer christi at uni-hd.de
Wed Nov 22 16:37:40 CET 2006

Dear all,

the following mail of interest to all dune developers...

On Wed, Nov 22, 2006 at 04:02:36PM +0100, Robert Kloefkorn wrote:
> ich habs ja schon mehrmals gesagt, der icc 7.0 ist mittlerweile mehr als
> 3 Jahre alt. Klar das einige Sachen nicht mehr compilieren.
>
> Ich schlage vor, die Dune Test auf einen neueren Compiler von Intel
> umzustellen.

icc 7.0 is on the list of supported compiler on behalf of
Freiburg. Everybody put quite some effort into getting dune work with
icc 7.0. Alberta used to work with 7.0, therefor I assume this is the
problem of dgfparser.

Obviously we can take the route several other project have
chosen... Use g++-X.Y or die! We all agreed that this would not the
prefered way.

We decided to support icc 7.0 and I would consider it really bad style
to change this a few days before 1.0 release.

> Z.B. bekommet man den hier:
> http://www3.intel.com/cd/software/products/asmo-na/eng/compilers/clin/219856.htm

On the intel site it reads

<cite>
Non-commercial means that you are not getting compensated in any form
for the products and services you develop using these Intel software
products.
</cite>

Obviously this does not apply to anyone of us.