[Dune] Windows port

Christian Engwer christi at uni-hd.de
Wed Nov 22 22:06:25 CET 2006

Dear Theodore,

On Wed, Nov 22, 2006 at 10:53:06AM -0500, Theodore Omtzigt wrote:
> I am trying to create a Windows port, and the DUNE build system is opaque to
> me. The first problem I run into is the include file "config.h". Can anyone
> tell me where that comes from and what goes into it?

config.h is create by configure, which is part of the autotools tool
chain. I you don't know GNU autotools, I suggest to start with the
dune buildsystem howto
http://dune-project.org/doc/buildsystem/buildsystem.pdf
In the howto you can also find pointers to further information on the
autotools.

None of the developers has ever tried to build dune on Windows, so
don't expect this to be managed easily, we can not and will not
support windows in the near future, as for scientific computing
windows is not really the target platform.

If you want to give it a try, you can find windows ports of the
autotools in the cygwin, GnuWin32 and MSYS.

> This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may
> contain confidential information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure
> or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient,
> please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the

Those terms are not compatible with the use of a public mailing-list.
Please get them removed from subsequent posting here. We cannot comply
with those terms.