[Dune] Problem with lam/mpi

Markus Blatt Markus.Blatt at ipvs.uni-stuttgart.de
Fri Oct 13 20:27:12 CEST 2006

Hi,

On Fri, Oct 13, 2006 at 05:03:30PM +0200, Stefan Vater wrote:

> I am a little bit confused:

Probably I was confused.

> icc is intel c compiler ??? How do you see, that I am using this in the
> config.log? For sure, I have not installed that piece of software, just
> the intel fortran compiler. I think it also compiles with g++ as you
> can see from my output after running make.
>
> Or, do you mean that lam was compiled with icc? How do I find out?

I saw that the intel fortran compiler was on path and immediately
assumed the c compiler was too. (I should have read further).

Actually I am using lam too and did not run into problems. In contrast
to mine your lam seems to be compiled with static libraries.

Could you please mail the output of

mpiCC mpiCC -showme:compile

(On my machine this reads "-I/usr/lib/lam/include -pthread")

and more importantly of

mpiCC -showme:link

(On my machine this reads "-L/usr/lib/lam/lib -llammpio -llammpi++ \
-llamf77mpi -lmpi -llam -lutil -ldl"

Last could you try to compile and link the attached minimal mpi test
file?

mpiCC -o mpitester mpicc

Thanks a lot for your help.

Cheers,