[Dune] Problem with lam/mpi

Stefan Vater vater at math.fu-berlin.de
Mon Oct 16 10:29:22 CEST 2006

Hi,

Am Freitag, 13. Oktober 2006 20:27 schrieb Markus Blatt:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Oct 13, 2006 at 05:03:30PM +0200, Stefan Vater wrote:
> Actually I am using lam too and did not run into problems. In
> contrast to mine your lam seems to be compiled with static libraries.

I just installed the RPM package under SuSE 10.1; it is version
lam-7.1.1-21.
> Could you please mail the output of
>
> mpiCC mpiCC -showme:compile
vater at linux:~> mpiCC mpiCC -showme:compile
-pthread mpiCC

> (On my machine this reads "-I/usr/lib/lam/include -pthread")
>
> and more importantly of
>
> mpiCC -showme:link
vater at linux:~> mpiCC -showme:link
-llammpio -llammpi++ -llamf77mpi -lmpi -llam -lutil -ldl

> (On my machine this reads "-L/usr/lib/lam/lib -llammpio -llammpi++ \
> -llamf77mpi -lmpi -llam -lutil -ldl"
>
> Last could you try to compile and link the attached minimal mpi test
> file?
>
> mpiCC -o mpitester mpicc
vater at linux:~> mpiCC -o mpitester mpi.cc
vater at linux:~> lamboot

LAM 7.1.1/MPI 2 C++/ROMIO - Indiana University

vater at linux:~> ./mpitester
vater at linux:~> lamhalt

LAM 7.1.1/MPI 2 C++/ROMIO - Indiana University

vater at linux:~>

So, no output is given from the program. I do not know, if this is
correct. I hope that clarifies the situation a bit.

> Thanks a lot for your help.

Thanks for your help, too!

Stefan