[Dune] Re: Notification from Dune

Markus Blatt Markus.Blatt at ipvs.uni-stuttgart.de
Wed Oct 18 14:51:33 CEST 2006

Hi,

On Wed, Oct 18, 2006 at 02:32:30PM +0200, Oliver Sander wrote:

> My bottom line is: of course I would like to have this fixed
> rather sooner than later.  On the other hand, it's not urgent.
> I think generally Christian is right in saying that one should
> not have semantic changes once an official version is released.
> However relying on the ordering of the vertices of faces is a
> rather obscure feature and I think hardly anybody uses that
> anyways.

Would be interesting, why and where you needed the specific
orientation you described.

If nobody can think of a case where one needs to rely on the
orientation (and cannot get this information form elsewhere) we could
just go ahead and tell people that they cannot rely on any
orientations of the faces.

Cheers,

markus