[Dune] Re: Notification from Dune

Christian Engwer christi at uni-hd.de
Wed Oct 18 15:42:32 CEST 2006

Hi Oliver,

On Wed, Oct 18, 2006 at 02:58:17PM +0200, Oliver Sander wrote:
> >Would be interesting, why and where you needed the specific
> >orientation you described.
>
> I extract (parts of) the boundaries of my grids and hand them
> over to an external library.  That library expects consistently
> oriented d-1-dimensional simplicial surfaces in d-dimensional
> space (d = 2,3).

But this sounds to me, like the problem is, that your external library
is based on different referenceelements than dune. As what I
understand, your lib would also fail, if all normals were oriented
outwards. Right?!

If this is the case, then it is obviously an issue of your program,
because dune can not have the fitting reference lements for each and
every lib out there.

CU Christian