[Dune] label/id mismatching when visualizing with vtkwriter and paraview (with that of grid files)

Oliver Sander sander at mi.fu-berlin.de
Tue Sep 5 10:36:29 CEST 2006

Hi Sreejith!
I don't know the internals of ALU Simplex Grid, but note that the
grid interface specification does not state that entities should
be indexed by order of their creation.

If you use UGGrid you can see the same effect.  UG wants to see the
boundary vertices before the inner vertices.  Therefore they get
the lower indices no matter what order they had in the file.
I find this annoying at times, but I haven't found an easy way
around it so far.  And again: it is specification-compliant.

Good luck,

* Oliver Sander                ** email: sander at mi.fu-berlin.de        *
* Freie Universität Berlin     ** phone: + 49 (30) 838 75217           *
* Institut für Mathematik II   ** URL  : page.mi.fu-berlin.de/~sander  *
* 14195 Berlin, Germany        ** Member of MATHEON (www.matheon.de)   *