[Dune] Dune-1.0beta4 can not be configured

Andre Massing massing at zib.de
Tue Apr 3 19:46:21 CEST 2007

On 2007-04-03, Christian Engwer wrote :
> Hi Andre,
>
> > O.k., I thought configuring with dunecontrol from the top-level DUNE
> > directory (which includes all DUNE-modules) as above would be
> > appropriate. But how can I tell DUNE where to find alberta,
> > ALUGrid,... without passing the suitable paths to configure? At
> > least for svn DUNE it works to configure it with dunecontrol and
> > making afterwards.
>
> I'm pretty sure, it does not work in svn. If it works for you, it can
> only be, because, you already have working dune libs in the modules
> and then you are changing the configuration. If you are doing this the
> first time, you will have to use an opts file, it is the better
> approach anyway. See the example.opts in dune-common/doc. You can pass
> this opts file to dunecontrol and dunecontrol will read the parameters
> for configure and make from this file. This is described in detail in
> the build-system-howto, available our the website.

Thanks for the right pointer. Now I feel a bit ashamed after I *reread* the
corresponding section in the DUNE buildsystem HOWTO, ähem... So almost
everything went fine, but amiramesh seems to be required in conjunction with
UG, doesn't it? At least DUNE had not been completely compiled until I
installed the libraries and header files of amiramesh since there was a
request for a amira header file during compilation.

Thanks again for being patient and helpful.
Cheers,

Andre

--
Andre Massing			    phone:  + 49 30 84185-343
Zuse Institute Berlin		    fax:    + 49 30 84185-107
Numerical Analysis and Modelling    mail:   massing at zib.de
Takustrasse 7
D-14195 Berlin-Dahlem