[Dune] Problem with ALUGrid and loadbalancing

Patrick Leidenberger patrick.leidenberger at psi.ch
Thu Apr 12 15:44:27 CEST 2007

Hi all,

At the moment I try to parallelize my application. As a test case I use
a mesh (form a dgf file) consisting only of two tets.

The code looks like this:

Dune::GridPtr<GridType>
   alusimplexgrid(commandLineParameter->inputFile());

alusimplexgrid->globalRefine(commandLineParameter->globalMeshRefinement());
#if HAVE_MPI
   alusimplexgrid->loadBalance();
#endif

If I run the code with "mpirun -n 2 ..." one process gets all elements,
the other none. Even if I refine it 4 times, leading to a few thousend
elements.

If I use a DGF file with a few thousand elements, every process have
approx. the same number of elements.

Can somebody show me my mistake?

Thanks a lot,

Patrick