[Dune] dune-subgrid and release 1.0

Markus Blatt Markus.Blatt at ipvs.uni-stuttgart.de
Mon Apr 16 16:08:11 CEST 2007

On Mon, Apr 16, 2007 at 03:15:03PM +0200, Oliver Sander wrote:
> Dear Dune!
> I would like to able to use the dune-subgrid module together with the
> 1.0 release of dune.  It does work already with the trunk.  There were
> two patches necessary: 4900 (in dunecontrol), and 4893 (in dune.m4).
>
> Before merging those patches to the release branch I wanted to try
> them with the beta4 tarballs and ran into trouble.  In particular I
> did the following.  I downloaded and untarred dune-common-1.0beta4.
> Then I applied patch 4893 (correctly).  As a reminder, 4893 is

This does not work, as you modify the autotools tests. Thus the build
system thinks it needs to run aclocal, automake and etc. which won't
work as the necessary files are not in the tarballs.

The correct way to try it is:

Modify your releases/1.0 checkout, rebuild, to make dist and take the
tar.gz you get.

Cheers,

Markus