[Dune] Re: Description of DGF in the grid-howto

Robert Kloefkorn robertk at mathematik.uni-freiburg.de
Fri Aug 3 14:12:02 CEST 2007

Hi all,

> * The howto states that it is necessary to use obscure
> preprocessor macros to use the DGF parser.
> I think the user should not be
> encouraged to use preprocessor macros. We want to teach
> then a clean programming stile.
> The preprocessor does obfuscate the code and it
> get's more difficult to debug. The examples should be
> adjusted such that the GridType macro is not used.

In addition to Andreas' comments (which I totally support) with the
GRIDTYPE and GRIDDIM macro
for ALBERTA the right library is linked when switching dimensions.
This is a feature that you hardly can achieve with defining
a const int dim inside the program.

Regards

Robert

--

  Robert Klöfkorn           <robertk at mathematik.uni-freiburg.de>

  Mathematisches Institut              Tel: +49 (0) 761 203 5631
  Abt. für Angewandte Mathematik       Fax: +49 (0) 761 203 5632
  Universität Freiburg
  Hermann-Herder-Str. 10
  79104 Freiburg

  http://www.mathematik.uni-freiburg.de/IAM/homepages/robertk