[Dune] Re: Description of DGF in the grid-howto

Oliver Sander sander at mi.fu-berlin.de
Fri Aug 3 14:23:45 CEST 2007

Robert Kloefkorn wrote:

>Hi all,
>

>>* The howto states that it is necessary to use obscure
>>preprocessor macros to use the DGF parser.
>>I think the user should not be
>>encouraged to use preprocessor macros. We want to teach
>>then a clean programming stile.
>>The preprocessor does obfuscate the code and it
>>get's more difficult to debug. The examples should be
>>adjusted such that the GridType macro is not used.
>>

>In addition to Andreas' comments (which I totally support) with the
>GRIDTYPE and GRIDDIM macro
>for ALBERTA the right library is linked when switching dimensions.
>This is a feature that you hardly can achieve with defining
>a const int dim inside the program.
>
>Regards
>
>Robert

I thought that's what the --with-alberta-dim configure flag
is for?  Where does the preprocessor come into play?

* Oliver Sander                ** email: sander at mi.fu-berlin.de        *
* Freie Universität Berlin     ** phone: + 49 (30) 838 75217           *
* Institut für Mathematik II   ** URL  : page.mi.fu-berlin.de/~sander  *
* 14195 Berlin, Germany        ** Member of MATHEON (www.matheon.de)   *