[Dune] The release

Oliver Sander sander at mi.fu-berlin.de
Thu Jul 12 16:45:15 CEST 2007

Dear Developers!
Now that the name server is up again I had another look
at the tasks which need to be fixed before the 1.0 release.
I have to say the number (7) has not decreased.  So at the
risk of repeating myself let me point your attention to them
and ask for help.  The first four seem more urgent to me
because the may involve changes to the code.  They are:

277 <http://hal.iwr.uni-heidelberg.de/flyspray/?do=details&id=277>  Make
unnecessary configure tests optional
<http://hal.iwr.uni-heidelberg.de/flyspray/?do=details&id=277>
295 <http://hal.iwr.uni-heidelberg.de/flyspray/?do=details&id=295>
Should config.h be installed?
<http://hal.iwr.uni-heidelberg.de/flyspray/?do=details&id=295>
284 <http://hal.iwr.uni-heidelberg.de/flyspray/?do=details&id=284> For
FieldVector<K,1> vector * scalar clashes with vector * vector
<http://hal.iwr.uni-heidelberg.de/flyspray/?do=details&id=284>

293 <http://hal.iwr.uni-heidelberg.de/flyspray/?do=details&id=293> grid-howto: wrong code in adaptivefinitevolume.cc <http://hal.iwr.uni-heidelberg.de/flyspray/?do=details&id=293>

Again, IMHO we should simply mark the first two as post-1.0, since they
are not release-critical.  If there is no objection or other movement
concerning them I am going to do that tomorrow.

Christian: you said that 284 is ready for committing and closing.  Could
you be so kind?

Andreas: You said you'd work on 293.  What's the status?  If you don't
have the time please let us know so somebody else can take care of it.

 <http://hal.iwr.uni-heidelberg.de/flyspray/?do=details&id=271>273 <http://hal.iwr.uni-heidelberg.de/flyspray/?do=details&id=273> Create a list of known issues for dune 1.0 <http://hal.iwr.uni-heidelberg.de/flyspray/?do=details&id=273>

272 Update List of tested platforms. <http://hal.iwr.uni-heidelberg.de/flyspray/?do=details&id=272>

These two concern the web page.  I propose to have a new page 'release
notes' on the homepage for this kind of information.  I'd volunteer
to do that.

271 Test applications with beta tarballs. <http://hal.iwr.uni-heidelberg.de/flyspray/?do=details&id=271>

That's for everyone, but we need to first four bugs fixed.

Comments, anyone?

* Oliver Sander                ** email: sander at mi.fu-berlin.de        *
* Freie Universität Berlin     ** phone: + 49 (30) 838 75217           *
* Institut für Mathematik II   ** URL  : page.mi.fu-berlin.de/~sander  *
* 14195 Berlin, Germany        ** Member of MATHEON (www.matheon.de)   *