[Dune] The release

Markus Blatt Markus.Blatt at ipvs.uni-stuttgart.de
Thu Jun 28 11:13:07 CEST 2007

Hi,

On Thu, Jun 28, 2007 at 10:05:51AM +0200, Oliver Sander wrote:

> 277:  Make unnecessary configure tests optional
> <http://hal.iwr.uni-heidelberg.de/flyspray/?do=details&id=277>
> I think this is a nice thing, but not in 1.0 anymore.
> Rationale: the status quo works fine, it's just a bit slow.
> Also I don't think it is a good idea to do such a fairly
> invasive change to the build system after we released
> a fifth beta.  I propose to mark this as 'post-1.0'.

I think Christian just did remove the tests.

> 271: Test applications with beta tarballs.
> <http://hal.iwr.uni-heidelberg.de/flyspray/?do=details&id=271>
> We have tested the tarballs a lot now.  I propose to
> simply close this.

No. According to the logs there were there were quite somes changes
since the last beta release. I would leave this open. Then release a
final beta if all issues are fixed. If no problems occur with the new
beta this will be renamed to 1.0.

> 272,273:  Update List of tested platforms.
> <http://hal.iwr.uni-heidelberg.de/flyspray/?do=details&id=272>
> Create a list of known issues for dune 1.0
> <http://hal.iwr.uni-heidelberg.de/flyspray/?do=details&id=273>
> I propose to create a page with 'release notes'
> somewhere in dune-web.  Then all this information can
> go there and we can close these two issues.
> Christian,Markus, can one of create insert such a page
> in dune-web?  I'd take care of actually filling it.

I can do this. But not before next week.

> 295: Should config.h be installed?
> <http://hal.iwr.uni-heidelberg.de/flyspray/?do=details&id=295>
> I don't now whether config.h should be installed.  But again:
> the tarballs work fine for a lot of people, so I don't really
> see why this has to be resolved in 1.0.  I propose to mark
> this as 'post-1.0'.

If  we do not install it we have to explain how to use dune in the
known issues page.

Markus