[Dune] The release

Oliver Sander sander at mi.fu-berlin.de
Thu Jun 28 10:05:51 CEST 2007

Dear Dune!
Let's try to get some momentum back into our 1.0 release.
I have looked at the bugtracker and currently there are
nine open issues to be resolved before we can release.
IMHO we should be able to do that rather quickly.

277:  Make unnecessary configure tests optional
<http://hal.iwr.uni-heidelberg.de/flyspray/?do=details&id=277>
I think this is a nice thing, but not in 1.0 anymore.
Rationale: the status quo works fine, it's just a bit slow.
Also I don't think it is a good idea to do such a fairly
invasive change to the build system after we released
a fifth beta.  I propose to mark this as 'post-1.0'.

271: Test applications with beta tarballs.
<http://hal.iwr.uni-heidelberg.de/flyspray/?do=details&id=271>
We have tested the tarballs a lot now.  I propose to
simply close this.

272,273:  Update List of tested platforms.
<http://hal.iwr.uni-heidelberg.de/flyspray/?do=details&id=272>
Create a list of known issues for dune 1.0
<http://hal.iwr.uni-heidelberg.de/flyspray/?do=details&id=273>
I propose to create a page with 'release notes'
somewhere in dune-web.  Then all this information can
go there and we can close these two issues.
Christian,Markus, can one of create insert such a page
in dune-web?  I'd take care of actually filling it.

299:'Buildsystem mixes code from trunk and 1,0
<http://hal.iwr.uni-heidelberg.de/flyspray/?do=details&id=299>'
This seems to be a bug in the automatic testing system.
Christian, could you have a look?

293: grid-howto: wrong code in adaptivefinitevolume.cc
<http://hal.iwr.uni-heidelberg.de/flyspray/?do=details&id=293>
Any volunteers?  Doesn't seem to be very difficult.

294: grid-howto: local adaptive algorithm uses YASP-Grid
<http://hal.iwr.uni-heidelberg.de/flyspray/?do=details&id=294>
Assigned to me.

295: Should config.h be installed?
<http://hal.iwr.uni-heidelberg.de/flyspray/?do=details&id=295>
I don't now whether config.h should be installed.  But again:
the tarballs work fine for a lot of people, so I don't really
see why this has to be resolved in 1.0.  I propose to mark
this as 'post-1.0'.

284: For FieldVector<K,1> vector * scalar clashes with vector * vector
<http://hal.iwr.uni-heidelberg.de/flyspray/?do=details&id=284>
Christian: what's the status here?

Unless there are objections I will do the proposed closing/
remarking (277,271,295) tonight.

Happy hacking,

* Oliver Sander                ** email: sander at mi.fu-berlin.de        *
* Freie Universität Berlin     ** phone: + 49 (30) 838 75217           *
* Institut für Mathematik II   ** URL  : page.mi.fu-berlin.de/~sander  *
* 14195 Berlin, Germany        ** Member of MATHEON (www.matheon.de)   *