[Dune] Compiling dune from trunk

Peter Bastian Peter.Bastian at ipvs.uni-stuttgart.de
Thu Mar 29 08:50:09 CEST 2007

Dear all,

yesterday I tried to build dune from a freshly checked out version
(trunk) and pretended to be a newbie (which I am after not working with
dune for 5 months :-)). Here my comments:

- It was hard to find out how to force automake 1.9 (my machine had 1.4
as the default). Found it finally in the example opts file in
dune-common/doc/example.opts. Could one add a line of comment where the
error message for inappropriate automake is written?

- dune-grid-howto/doc/EPS/Makefile.am is missing which resulted in
configure error.

Besides that everything went fine. Even the duneproject script was
working! Excellent!

-- Peter
Peter Bastian
Institut für Parallele und Verteilte Systeme
Abteilung Simulation großer Systeme
Universität Stuttgart
Universitätsstraße 38
D-70569 Stuttgart