[Dune] Questions about the grid parts.

Robert Kloefkorn robertk at mathematik.uni-freiburg.de
Mon May 7 11:39:08 CEST 2007

Hi Oli,

> a) What does the HierarchicGridPart do, as opposed to the
>    LeafGridPart?  They seem to have identical documentation.

Returns a grid part using the hierarchic index (AlbertaGrid and ALUGrid)
or the LeafIndexSet (all other grids). The HierarchicIndexSet is
identical to the local id set plus size method.

> b) LeafGridParts have a method level().  I wonder what the
>    design decision was to include that.

All GridParts have the same Interface. In case of LeafGridPart maxLevel
is returned. It would be better to return -1 to indicate the leaf level.

> c) The LeafGridPartTraits class doesn't return the grids
>    leaf index set type, when asked for the appropriate index
>    set type, but a WrappedLeafIndexSet<GridType>.  What
>    is that?

Like the name says, a wrapper class that provides exactly the
functionality of the LeafIndexSet plus some dummy functionality to
compile or adaptive code for the default grid index sets.

Cheers

  Robert Klöfkorn           <robertk at mathematik.uni-freiburg.de>

  Mathematisches Institut              Tel: +49 (0) 761 203 5631
  Abt. für Angewandte Mathematik       Fax: +49 (0) 761 203 5632
  Universität Freiburg
  Hermann-Herder-Str. 10
  79104 Freiburg

  http://www.mathematik.uni-freiburg.de/IAM/homepages/robertk