[Dune] Questions about the grid parts.

Oliver Sander sander at mi.fu-berlin.de
Mon May 7 12:27:57 CEST 2007

Thanks!
I must admit, though, that I didn't understand what a
HierarchicIndexSet is.  Is there some documentation for it
somewhere?

Robert Kloefkorn wrote:

>Hi Oli,
>

>>a) What does the HierarchicGridPart do, as opposed to the
>>   LeafGridPart?  They seem to have identical documentation.
>>

>Returns a grid part using the hierarchic index (AlbertaGrid and ALUGrid)
>or the LeafIndexSet (all other grids). The HierarchicIndexSet is
>identical to the local id set plus size method.
>

>>b) LeafGridParts have a method level().  I wonder what the
>>   design decision was to include that.
>>

>All GridParts have the same Interface. In case of LeafGridPart maxLevel
>is returned. It would be better to return -1 to indicate the leaf level.
>

>>c) The LeafGridPartTraits class doesn't return the grids
>>   leaf index set type, when asked for the appropriate index
>>   set type, but a WrappedLeafIndexSet<GridType>.  What
>>   is that?
>>

>Like the name says, a wrapper class that provides exactly the
>functionality of the LeafIndexSet plus some dummy functionality to
>compile or adaptive code for the default grid index sets.
>
>Cheers

* Oliver Sander                ** email: sander at mi.fu-berlin.de        *
* Freie Universität Berlin     ** phone: + 49 (30) 838 75217           *
* Institut für Mathematik II   ** URL  : page.mi.fu-berlin.de/~sander  *
* 14195 Berlin, Germany        ** Member of MATHEON (www.matheon.de)   *