[Dune] HierarchicIndexSet.

Robert Kloefkorn robertk at mathematik.uni-freiburg.de
Mon May 7 13:00:39 CEST 2007

Hello Oli,

> I must admit, though, that I didn't understand what a
> HierarchicIndexSet is.

As I described before, the HierarchicIndexSet is the LocalIdSet plus a
size method. This means in addition to the LocalIdSet (IdTye of
LocalIdSet is int) you can ask this class, what the highest used index
+1 is, i.e. the size. This index set is not consecutive but persistent.
The implementation of AlbertaGrid and ALUGrid will return the same index
for an entity as the local id for that entity is.

> Is there some documentation for it
> somewhere?
For the classes exist a documentation that describe the methods.
The HierarchicIndexSet implement the interface of the Dune::IndexSet.

Cheers

  Robert Klöfkorn           <robertk at mathematik.uni-freiburg.de>

  Mathematisches Institut              Tel: +49 (0) 761 203 5631
  Abt. für Angewandte Mathematik       Fax: +49 (0) 761 203 5632
  Universität Freiburg
  Hermann-Herder-Str. 10
  79104 Freiburg

  http://www.mathematik.uni-freiburg.de/IAM/homepages/robertk