[Dune] HierarchicIndexSet.

Oliver Sander sander at mi.fu-berlin.de
Mon May 7 13:29:50 CEST 2007

Hmm.  But if it is persistent and not consecutive it is not
really and IndexSet in the Dune sense of the word?  I find
that a bit confusing.

Robert Kloefkorn wrote:

>Hello Oli,
>

>>I must admit, though, that I didn't understand what a
>>HierarchicIndexSet is.
>>

>As I described before, the HierarchicIndexSet is the LocalIdSet plus a
>size method. This means in addition to the LocalIdSet (IdTye of
>LocalIdSet is int) you can ask this class, what the highest used index
>+1 is, i.e. the size. This index set is not consecutive but persistent.
>The implementation of AlbertaGrid and ALUGrid will return the same index
>for an entity as the local id for that entity is.
>

>>Is there some documentation for it
>>somewhere?
>>

>For the classes exist a documentation that describe the methods.
>The HierarchicIndexSet implement the interface of the Dune::IndexSet.
>
>Cheers

* Oliver Sander                ** email: sander at mi.fu-berlin.de        *
* Freie Universität Berlin     ** phone: + 49 (30) 838 75217           *
* Institut für Mathematik II   ** URL  : page.mi.fu-berlin.de/~sander  *
* 14195 Berlin, Germany        ** Member of MATHEON (www.matheon.de)   *