[Dune] Verwendung von DUNE und der aktuellen UG-Version

Christian Engwer christi at uni-hd.de
Fri May 25 12:20:57 CEST 2007

> I checked out ug (the patched version from the DUNE repository) again to
> ensure we've got the same version. The last line of autogen.sh,
> eval ./configure <options>,
> is commented out. I've tried vanilla UG, but I get into the same problems.

No! You must not use the patched version with the stable DUNE!

> > * Which version of autoconf are you using?
>
> My version of autoconf is 2.59
> For completeness:
> gcc/g++: 3.4.6
> automake: 1.9.6
> libtool: 1.5.6
> pkg-config: 0.15.0

These should be correct.

> > * could you please run the commands in autogen.sh manually and supply
> >   the --verbose option? Please send the output to te list.
>
> I executed the commands from autogen.sh in the given order with the same
> options and an additional option for verbose output, piping stderr and
> stdout into the appended files. I was really confused when I found a
> configure script as output. Renaming the script and running autogen.sh
> again didn't result in a configure script. Are there any variables defined
> in autogen.sh which should be set when running any of the commands? It
> seems to me as if the defined variables are collected for the configure
> call exclusively, but there must be a reason for the different behaviour.
>
> I appended the output, named after the called command. Except perhaps the
> hint from libtoolize to update aclocal (which is called afterwards)
> everything looks okay until automake. It doesn't create several
> Makefile.in's and misses install-sh, missing, depcomp and compile. These
> are all availible, so is $LIBTOOL, which automake claims not to be set,
> the place where automake looks for them? The following call of autoconf
> has errors too, but they may come from the previous problems with
> automake.
>
> For testing reasons I called the corrupt configure script that was
> created. The first errors correspond to the missing Macros (see
> autoconf.txt) and it aborts because a Makefile.in misses (automake.txt).
>
> I tried "set LIBTOOL=$UGROOT" and called automake, but that idea is to
> simple - it still states that LIBTOOL is undefined.

What makes you think this should help? This behaviour is not
documented in the libtool docs!

I read through your output and simply seems that your toolchain is
broken. Did you ever try this on a different machine? Please verify
your installation. Did you try compiling an other program using this
toolchain?

It can not work like this. First get your system in shape. If you
don't have the rights to do this, make your admins do it. I think Rolf
should be in the position to give the appropriate orders.

You are facing problems, noone ever faced before. If these problems
are related to your system fix your system, if these problems are
related to dune provide a proper test case. I hate to repeat me, but
we can not debug your system. You must provide proper bug reports.