[Dune] [Dune-Commit] dune-common r5013 - trunk/m4

Christian Engwer christi at uni-hd.de
Mon Nov 19 21:49:02 CET 2007

Hi Robert,

> The answer to the first question is yes and the second no.
> The AC_CHECK_LIB does compile a program and the check this program for
> the symbol. If you know how to make AC_CHECK_wathever to simply check
> that the lib acn be linked without searching for symbols, then please
> tell me.

For alugrid (and c++ libs in general) it will never be too easy to
accomplish this. I think the easiest way is, if the lib contains a 'C'
symbol (could oyu check for the alu-version... how is it stored? as a
symbol? or as some define or enum?). All other symbols will be rather
difficult to check, because they are mangled. In this case you can
check for something like malloc. This will do a "can I find the lib
with this name" test, but not check whether the lib is correct. But
check ,,just'' the linking is already better than nothing.

Cheers Christian