[Dune] createLGMGrid

Christian Engwer christi at uni-hd.de
Mon Oct 15 13:34:50 CEST 2007

Hi Bernd,

> I am very interested in the createLGMGrid method of the dune-grid
> developers version. Now I have a slight conflict since the developers
> version does not work with the UG vanilla version. At the moment, I try
> to include createLGMGrid into the 1.0beta dune-grid version, which also
> forces me to make changes to UG. Since this all becomes quite involved
> and before I run myself to deep into trouble, two questions:
>
> Is createLGMGrid working in the developers version?

The LGM stuff works only in the development branch and only with the
UG patches. The patches are rather involved and you will not be able
to fix this in your vanilla UG. I also don't think it will be easy to
incorporate the changes into the dune-grid version 1.0. The
development version requires an incompatible version of UG.

> On the Dune website you mention that you will make the changes to UG
> required to work with the developers version available. When will this
> be the case?

This will happen, but we don't know yet. The latest possible moment is
the next release, because that release will not work with the vanilla
UG. There are several problems to be solved before we can provide the
patches.

Sorry about the bad news...