[Dune] createLGMGrid

Bernd Flemisch bernd at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Mon Oct 15 18:19:05 CEST 2007

Dear Dune,

Oliver pointed me to the instructions for writing a file reader for
UGGrid. This should perfectly satisfy my present needs.

Thanks. Best wishes
Bernd

> Hi Bernd,
>

>> I am very interested in the createLGMGrid method of the dune-grid
>> developers version. Now I have a slight conflict since the developers
>> version does not work with the UG vanilla version. At the moment, I try
>> to include createLGMGrid into the 1.0beta dune-grid version, which also
>> forces me to make changes to UG. Since this all becomes quite involved
>> and before I run myself to deep into trouble, two questions:
>>
>> Is createLGMGrid working in the developers version?
>>

> The LGM stuff works only in the development branch and only with the
> UG patches. The patches are rather involved and you will not be able
> to fix this in your vanilla UG. I also don't think it will be easy to
> incorporate the changes into the dune-grid version 1.0. The
> development version requires an incompatible version of UG.
>

>> On the Dune website you mention that you will make the changes to UG
>> required to work with the developers version available. When will this
>> be the case?
>>

> This will happen, but we don't know yet. The latest possible moment is
> the next release, because that release will not work with the vanilla
> UG. There are several problems to be solved before we can provide the
> patches.
>
> Sorry about the bad news...
>   Christian

Bernd Flemisch                               phone: +49 711 685 69162
IWS, Universität Stuttgart                   fax:   +49 711 685 60430
Pfaffenwaldring 61                  email: bernd at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
D-70569 Stuttgart                       url: www.iws.uni-stuttgart.de