[Dune] Release

Oliver Sander sander at mi.fu-berlin.de
Thu Sep 27 10:35:08 CEST 2007

Markus Blatt schrieb:
> On Thu, Sep 27, 2007 at 10:16:57AM +0200, Oliver Sander wrote:
>
>> In my humble opinion, the checks of 271 are regression tests, and if we
>> consider
>> them necessary they should be automated.
>>

> Unfortunately they are not automated. Anybody is welcome to do this.
>
> Further more I doubt that they can be, as
> this is more than just a search for simple programming errors.
>

>> For my part I do not have the time
>> to run them again after the sixth, seventh, and eighth beta release.
>>

> This probably applies to all of us. Still some testing would be nice.
> We should release anyway before semester start.
>
> It is now or never, isn't it?
>
> Markus

I agree.  Actually, I think we are demanding way too much from
the release.  We should accept that it cannot be bugfree and should
rather target for a 1.1 soon rather than trying to get 1.0 perfect
by iterating through a zillion of betas.

* Oliver Sander                ** email: sander at mi.fu-berlin.de        *
* Freie Universität Berlin     ** phone: + 49 (30) 838 75217           *
* Institut für Mathematik II   ** URL  : page.mi.fu-berlin.de/~sander  *
* 14195 Berlin, Germany        ** Member of MATHEON (www.matheon.de)   *