[Dune] Patching UG Problems

Timothy Stitt tstitt at cscs.ch
Mon Apr 14 17:27:06 CEST 2008

Dear Dune Developers,

I am having problems applying the patch you make available for UG (to be
used with Dune v1.1). I have downloaded a version of UG using the
instructions you provide on your website (i.e. using -D 03/25/2008 with
the cvs command):

 cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at sit.iwr.uni-heidelberg.de:/Users/mirror/CVS co
-D 03/25/2008 UG

I then download and apply the patch as requested:

patch -p1 < ug-dune-patches-1.1.diff

When I run autogen.sh I get the following error:

No compiler set, using GNU compiler as default
--> libtoolize...
You should add the contents of `/usr/share/aclocal/libtool.m4' to
`aclocal.m4'.
--> aclocal...
--> autoheader...
--> automake...
configure.ac:6: installing `./missing'
configure.ac:6: installing `./install-sh'
dev/Makefile.am: installing `./depcomp'
configure.ac: installing `./ylwrap'
parallel/Makefile.am:3: required directory parallel/chaco does not exist
tools/Makefile.am:50: compiling `ugmgs.c' with per-target flags requires
`AM_PROG_CC_C_O' in `configure.ac'
configure.ac:204: required file `parallel/chaco/Makefile.in' not found

I would be grateful if someone could explain why I have problems with
the ../parallel/chaco directory?

Regards,

Tim.

--
Timothy Stitt Ph.D
HPC Applications Analyst

Swiss National Supercomputing Centre (CSCS)
Galleria 2 - Via Cantonale
CH-6928 Manno, Switzerland

+41 (0) 91 610 8233
stitt at cscs.ch