[Dune] Patching UG Problems

Oliver Sander sander at mi.fu-berlin.de
Wed Apr 16 11:27:57 CEST 2008

Hi Timothy!
I have seen this problem a few days ago, but I have not had
the time to look into it.  The parallel/chaco directory should
be there, but it isn't.  I'll write you once I found out the
cause.

Regards,
Oliver

Timothy Stitt schrieb:
> Dear Dune Developers,
>
> I am having problems applying the patch you make available for UG (to be
> used with Dune v1.1). I have downloaded a version of UG using the
> instructions you provide on your website (i.e. using -D 03/25/2008 with
> the cvs command):
>
>  cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at sit.iwr.uni-heidelberg.de:/Users/mirror/CVS co
> -D 03/25/2008 UG
>
> I then download and apply the patch as requested:
>
> patch -p1 < ug-dune-patches-1.1.diff
>
> When I run autogen.sh I get the following error:
>
> No compiler set, using GNU compiler as default
> --> libtoolize...
> You should add the contents of `/usr/share/aclocal/libtool.m4' to
> `aclocal.m4'.
> --> aclocal...
> --> autoheader...
> --> automake...
> configure.ac:6: installing `./missing'
> configure.ac:6: installing `./install-sh'
> dev/Makefile.am: installing `./depcomp'
> configure.ac: installing `./ylwrap'
> parallel/Makefile.am:3: required directory parallel/chaco does not exist
> tools/Makefile.am:50: compiling `ugmgs.c' with per-target flags requires
> `AM_PROG_CC_C_O' in `configure.ac'
> configure.ac:204: required file `parallel/chaco/Makefile.in' not found
>
> I would be grateful if someone could explain why I have problems with
> the ../parallel/chaco directory?
>
> Regards,
>
> Tim.

* Oliver Sander                ** email: sander at mi.fu-berlin.de        *
* Freie Universität Berlin     ** phone: + 49 (30) 838 75217           *
* Institut für Mathematik II   ** URL  : page.mi.fu-berlin.de/~sander  *
* 14195 Berlin, Germany        ** Member of MATHEON (www.matheon.de)   *