[Dune] dune-grid r4244.

Oliver Sander sander at mi.fu-berlin.de
Tue Jul 15 12:28:20 CEST 2008

>  > If you want to control your grid
>  > type and dimension from the build system, why don't you simple
>  > compile with something like
>  > make CXXFLAGS=-DGridType=FooGrid
>
> Hi Oli, this is exactly what the gridtype.hh does.
Well, if what gridtype.hh does is exactly what you can do with a
single option to 'make', I don't see what we need gridtype.hh for.

 > I cannot see, why this is such a big deal. It really makes life easier
> for us and it doesn't really bother you.

It does bother me, because it is several hundreds of lines of code
scattered around several directories without any documentation
and unclear purpose.  In my view this is not really optimal design.

Viele Grüße,
Oliver

> Best regards,

* Oliver Sander                ** email: sander at mi.fu-berlin.de        *
* Freie Universität Berlin     ** phone: + 49 (30) 838 75217           *
* Institut für Mathematik II   ** URL  : page.mi.fu-berlin.de/~sander  *
* 14195 Berlin, Germany        ** Member of MATHEON (www.matheon.de)   *