[Dune] gcc 4.3 compatibility

Martin Nolte nolte at mathematik.uni-freiburg.de
Sun Jun 22 15:25:06 CEST 2008

Dear all,

today I tried to compile some dune stuff using gcc 4.3.1. It did not work out of
the box, though most errors I encountered were easy to fix. Reviewing the bugs
(see changes in dune-grid:4187), I assume that the current releases do not work
with the gcc 4.3 series. As the first linux distributions (e.g., Fedora) start
using this gcc series, I thought we might hint this fact on our web sites.

Moreover, I think we should monitor GCC bug 35989. It states that the following
template specialization does not compile:

template< class A >
class B< std :: vector< A > :: iterator > {};

I ran into a similar bug in my code.

Cheers,

Martin
--
Martin Nolte <nolte at mathematik.uni-freiburg.de>

Universität Freiburg                                   phone: +49-761-203-5642
Abteilung für angewandte Mathematik                    fax:   +49-761-203-5632
Hermann-Herder-Straße 10
79104 Freiburg, Germany